Sunday, August 31, 2008

Getting Started at Grimerud

Hey, I was a bit sick and tired in the last week, and I was busy. But here's a little update.

YES!!! we finally got started with our new team, I got my room here at the base. In the last while we have been doing introduction programs for both the base and for the new Øystein team. After stopped the medication I got some problems with my skin, but that is almost over now. Me and the others are really happy and thankfull for that. I am so glad I can be working here were the team is. Still I have been very tired in the last weeks, and I am wondering if it is some kind of disease. I plan to goto the doctor for this. Even while we had the orientation and startup week, I have been able to rest a lot. My room is quite nice, it still misses a few things.

The Grimerud base is quite a lot bigger then Borgen and also the landscape is a lot diffrent, here are no big high mountain but rolling grain fields. I don't get internet connection in my room, they are working on it. I have to go sit in the main building or another place to get online. The nearset shop is a little bike ride away, and Hamar is even a bit further, it takes about 30 mins to get there. The weather is still nice to be biking around. I have been exploring Hamar and the area a bit and I got a library card now, so now I can read lots of books like I used to when I was a kid. Also I won a big comicbook (:

During the team training we all took a personality test and looked at everyone's strengths and how we could best work together. Also we have written down what we would like to see done in the next year. Also we are in the process of redecorating our office, it looks like I will get a real drawing table to do all my drawings and they also found a lightbox for me. In the last while I have been buying some brushes and dip pens and hope to be using those for my work. Yes it is good to be on a job I like to do, I have been waiting for this for 9 months now and finally we are starting to get started.

No comments: