Sunday, August 17, 2008

Summer travels in the South

I am at Grimerud now which is my new home/work place. A lot has happened since my last post, here comes a short overview.

First of all, I had the biggest airport crisis ever when I flew back to Holland. I had 7 kilo's too much luggage, and things went wrong with paying and also I lost my passport there. Everything worked out and in the end I left some luggage in keeping at the airport.

From the 6th to the 10th we had a festival/conference in Stavern in the south of Norway. We were with 1000 people and I was sleeping in a church 1-2 km from where the thing was being run. I got blisters on my feet from walking back and forth all the time. During the festival I was with the children's work, which were 20-60 kids in the age of 4 to 7, we were taking care of them for 2.5 hours while the parents were in the meetings. Also I was looking after a boy with special needs.

Up till then my skin was really well, even while I had been in Holland. But after the festival I went to the YWAM base in Skien, and there my skin got bad immediately. I was planning to be at my friends wedding party in Stavanger a few days after, but because my skin was so bad I could not be in Skien any longer and decided to return to Grimerud.

I have been here for almost a week, and my skin is quite good now. This is also because I took some very strong pills. We will have to see how things will go when I am done with the pills. Please keep praying for complete healing. Tuesday the new semester begins here at the base.

No comments: