Friday, December 3, 2010

Julie in de krant / Julie in the newspaper

One of my recent book-illustrations made it to the cover page of this christian newspaper.

And another one for the article.

Nadat ik op afgelopen weekend 30 overuren gemaakt heb voor Mot Målet, had ik deze week drie compensatie-dagen. Dat was lekker relaxed, tot de kerst heb ik ook geen grote projecten, goed om een keer niet zo knetterend druk te zijn.

Één van de christelijke kranten hier in Noorwegen heeft de schrijfster van het kinderboek geinterviewd. Woensdag belden ze mij voor een paar illustraties uit het boek. Als ik het goed begrepen heb is dit de krant van de Noorse pinksterbeweging, de krant komt één keer in de week.

Meestal, bijna altijd, hebben kranten een portret-foto op de voorpagina. Dat is een gangbare design-regel. Ik was dus behoorlijk verrrast dat ze deze keer een Illustratie wilden gebruiken. En blij dat het mijn illustratie geworden is.

Één ding wat ik in de laatste maand geleerd heb is: Stemming net zo belangrijk is als de boodschap. Bij elke tekening die ik voor de kerstprojecten gemaakt heb, werd ik er herhaaldelijk aan herinnerd.



After I have been working 30 extra hours to hit the deadline for Mot Målet magazine, I got a compensation of three days off. That was nice to relax and catch up on some things. I don´t have any big projects to work on until the christmas-break, It´ll be nice not to be so crackling busy.

One of Norway's christian newspapers did an interview with the author of the children´s book I recently illustrated. On Wednesday they called me for some of the book-illustrations to go with the article.

Newspapers usually have portrait photo´s on their front-page, It´s a very common rule of thumb. I was quite surprised to see that they instead used my illustration this time. One on the front page and one with the article.

One thing I learned in the last month, when it comes to christmas in Norway: the Mood is as important as the message. I was reminded of this several times with all the christmas illustrations I worked on.

No comments: