Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Koffie cursus / Coffee course

On Monday I attended a coffee-course, at the cafe I work on tuesdays.
I already knew a lot about how to make a espresso´s,
but to it was very good to get two hours to learn how to do it for real.

Here is how you are supposed to press the coffee in the filter.
Runar, the instructor told that some full-time barista´s end up with wrist-problems.
Me no like that, me like to keep my wrists good.
I like to enjoy making coffee´s and illustrations even when I´m really old.

Ik heb een "vette baantjes verzameling". Momenteel in de verzameling: illustrateur / grafisch vormgever en barista (iemand die espresso´s maakt).
I probeer de baantjes gescheiden te houden. Maar wanneer het rustig is in het café, ga ik nog wel eens met mijn dikke blauwe tekenboek in een hoekje zitten. Dit boek heb ik sinds het begin van vorig jaar. Ik ben niet zo´n verslaafd tekenaar als anderen. Het gebeurt vaak dat ik een paar dagen niet teken. Met koffiie is dat anders.
Net als de meeste Illustrateurs, ben ik een berucht koffie drinker (een beetje verslaafd). Aan het begin van mijn werkdag maak ik een liter koffie, en die drinken we met ons tweeën op voor het lunch is. Na de lunch drink ik geen koffie meer.
Dus, gister had ik een koffie-cursus van het café waar ik dinsdags werk, dat was leuk. Het was goed om dit eindelijk eens gedaan te hebben, nu ik al anderhalf jaar in de café werk. Net zo lang als ik mijn blauwe tekenboek heb.

I have a collection of fancy jobs. Currently in my collection are: iIllustrator, graphic designer and barista.
I am trying to keep them separated. But when the cafe is quiet, I will usually take the chance to doodle a bit. I still carrying the same big blue sketchbook with me that I started drawing in at the beginning of last year. I am not as addicted doodler as I read about others. I can go days without making a drawing. That is different with coffee. Like most illustrators / graphic designers, I am a notorious coffee drinker. I make a liter of coffee in the morning, with lasts until lunch with Anita and me. Since a month or so have I stopped drinking coffee after lunch, that has not given me problems.
So, yesterday I had a coffee-course at the cafe I work on tuesdays, It was good to finally have done this after one and a half year. As long as I have had the blue sketchbook.

No comments: