Sunday, February 5, 2012

Drawing Diary: 3 and 4 February 2012

3 February: Classical music friday
Jepp, the mail-system is working again. Today was a quiet day at the office, and since the neighbors were not there,
I was able to play Bach and Grieg at full force (iTunes was playing, not me).
The few people that did come through my office really appreciated it.

4 February: Fiddle music and wooden shoes.
Today I was Listening to different fiddle styles. While sketching mountains, rocks, trees and bears.
I like fiddle music, especially the traditional Norwegian fiddle.
The fiddling I listened to yesterday was from the Shetland Islands.

Edvard Grieg is a lot more fun to draw than J.S. Bach.
I think his nose came out a bit to big on the drawing.
One specific challenge with drawing Edvard Grieg is to not make him look like Mark Twain.

Another interesting thing to listen to: Ira Glass interviewing his cousin composer Philip Glass

No comments: