Friday, August 31, 2012

Drawing Diary: 29 and 30 August


29 August: Shoenmaker, schoenmaker …
We had our first bible-group after the summer. The church-year had us at "vineyard-sunday", and the text was from Luke 17:5-10. I like that text, it seems to contrast so much with what I most often hear about God (from christians). Here Jesus talks about God being a master, and says that more faith means sticking to the grind.

30 August: Faithful
Today, our accountant Jon Åge Myklebust turned 67 and had his last day at work here. Now he is retiring. I am going to miss his garibaldi. When I had my lumberjack-beard, he would often come sit next to me at lunch. :)
Now that he is retiring, he will have extra much time to be husband, father and grandfather, and to read his bible.


I think I drew Jon Åge a bit too grim and stern, now he looks like a experienced sea-captain, rather than the genial accountant and family-man he is.

I hope you guys are not getting bored from not getting detailed and colorful pictures so much anymore. There are so many colorful things I would have liked to draw fro all of you, but not this time. I the margins of the pages you can read scribbles of what else I have been doing that day. Plus, I am getting pretty tired now of always having to do these entries.

No comments: