Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Drawing Diary: 30 and 31 July


30 July: George MacDonald
This is the grim victorian appearance of George MacDonald. He was an author and minister and lived from 1824 to 1905. He was a big inspiration to C.S. Lewis, J.R.R. Tolkien, Lewis Carroll and many others. In the past days I have been listening to an audiobook version of "Phantastes". Incredible and very moving. I keep on playing every chapter twice, to make sure I got everything. I especially liked chapter 13.

31 July: Not going anywhere
A few days ago, an insightful older brother asked me where I saw my drawing is going. For seven months I have mostly been working on making one drawing for every day. It´s enough work to keep up the pace I have set out in. I have stayed undetermined to the direction of this story. When I keep on going, I may find many wonderful things, but I may never arrive somewhere.


No comments: