Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Het nep-leren tekenboek / The fake-leather drawingbook

So, this is what my Drawing Diary actually looks like on the outside.
I have quietly tried, but I can´t pronounce the word on the cover, it is Finnish.
I got this book from a Finnish friend. 

Here you can clearly see how far this year has progressed.
The big blue book at the bottom is my previous sketch-book.

During my vacation I bought a new sketchbook, but the paper is kinda thin.
The ink goes easily through the paper, and you see what the watercolor is doing.
It´s not a good book, but I will fill it up and make it beautiful.

These are the triplets from the new animation movie: Brave.
They looked quirky, and were fun to draw and paint.

The outside of my new book is realest fake-leather.
The book does not have to be beautifully designed when I buy it.
It´s the drawings inside that is going to make it valuable first.
And invaluable long before I have drawn on the last page.

Tijdens mijn vakantie was het tijd om een nieuw tekenboek te kopen, en ik heb er ondertussen al in zitten tekenen. De drieling van de animatie-film: Brave.
Ik kwam er achter dat het papier van het boek eigenlijk te dun en een beetje te gelig is.
Maarja het zei zo. Ik zal er ondanks een wel een mooi boek van kunnen maken.
Ik heb geen duur ontworpen kaft nodig om er iets bijzonders van te kunnen maken, lang voor ik de laatste bladzij van het boek gevuld heb, zal het boek al van onschatbare waarde zijn.


The thin brown book is my new sketchbook, I bought it during my vacation. The paper ended up to be too thin for me to be working with ink and paint on both sides of a page.
Nevermind, I am very positive that it will be a nice book when it´s done.

No comments: