Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Drawing Diary: 2 and 3 September


2 September: A soul in a body
Because of all this diarying, I now have the attention span of an mustard-seed, so it was a good thing the pastor gave the point of his talk in the first minute of the sermon. The man said that I am a soul in a body, and not a body with a soul. Like "the world" would have me treat myself. I took extra care of my soul this evening and biked around the area in the evening-sun.

3 September: Together with Jesus 
Too often, I want to be the reigning captain of my own soul, and master of my own fate. Together with Jesus. I, at least want to keep one hand on the steering wheel.
Because of yesterday´s entry I read William Ernest Henley´s poem Invictus. It seemed to have deeply inspired a lot of very good and very bad people. Inspiration only in not enough, and total surrender is still a difficult subject.


No comments: