Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The old inks / Oude inkt

I found two beautiful glass inkwells in my parents garage. The large cubic inkwell to the right still had some fountain-pen ink in it. I put my regular little inkwell in front of them, for size comparison.

Ik ben de rest van de maand bij mijn ouders in Gramsbergen. Bij ons staat de garage (en de zolder) vol met allerlei oude en minder oude dingen. Soms is het hier net Pettson en Findus. Toen ik gisteren op zoek was naar een blikje witte verf vond ik twee oude potjes vulpen-inkt. Mooi spul.
Het kleine potje vooraan gebruik ik dagelijks voor mijn tekeningen, die heb ik er voor de vergelijking bij gezet. In de grote vierkante inktpot met de katten zat nog wat inkt, het fles-achtige potje was leeg.
De komende dagen zal ik de oude inkt eens gebruiken voor mijn dagboek-tekeningen.

I am visiting my parents, and their garage is full of many old things, and many not so old things. It's is starting to look like a page from a Sven Nordqvist-book. While looking for a box of white paint, I found these old glass inkwells (the two in the back). The cubic one with the cats still had some ink in it, and I will be using that for my diary entries in the coming days.

No comments: