Sunday, November 4, 2012

Drawing Diary: 1 and 2 November


1 November: Sammy
At a quarter before midnight, my sister-in-law gave birth to a son. Today was the exact due-date. I talked with my brother, the proud dad, and he said they did not have time to get to the hospital, so the child was born at home, in their small apartment. The whole family is doing well, and the boy´s name is Sammy.

2 November: Home-work
Home-days are very intense this year, very good. It is one thing to work together with lots of people over different departments. It is another thing to live together with 80 people "as one big family". It is the love we have for each-other, that shows that we are christians, and not the stuff we do. I am someone that is most comfortable with thinking of this place like a work-place firstly. These days have given me some "home-work", I have to rethink how I am going to build this community.


Hey, this is working out like, nice. Here´s one of the first times I used watercolor directly on the pencil-sketch. Babies are smooth, and they are supposed to look smooth on the picture too, so I did not use any hard black ink-lines. I think it works.
What do you say?

No comments: