Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Mixable week 1: Get a life!


My new resolution for this year is to "get a life", as someone put it. I am going to spend more time with people and less time with pencils. Less time online and at my desk will give me more time

to visit friends and start hanging out with the ones I usually don´t hang out with.
The last one is goig to be the biggest challenge.



The first whole month of the bible-devotional I bought in the Netherlands in october is going to be about "the armour of God" (Eph. 6:10-18). To be on this topic for so long will be a good help to my other resolution,

to start every day well by making myself available for God, to change me and to guide me. Better to do this at the start of the day, than trying to catch up with Him when all is done.


Here is a retry of the 2013 Diary project. I had to get a new book, because it was impossible to work with ink and watercolor in the the previous book. I got a really nice and hand one with 136 pages that take a lot of water. This will give me the opportunity to do two pages per week. I realized that only one page is not enough content for me to put on my blog.

Less story, more art. I hope you are going to like it. Since I was going to share from fiftytwo weeks of my life again, I felt I had to do something complicated and vivid. I don´t want to portray life as a series of single pictures, life is involved and complex. That is what I love about it, that is one thing that makes me want to draw and write about it.

So, this little project got me on the idea of making a «mixable» diary-book. The concept is best know from children´s books and puzzles. Both the top and bottom part of the illustrations and of the stories are mixable.
This is going to be fun (and a lot of work)!

1 comment:

Ragnhild said...

Congratulations! I like it :) Im not sure how to make it more interactive though... I know some bloggers do well by connecting with others through comments and writing about each other.