Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Mixable week 27: Flippin Pancakes


My brother sent me a package of old inks and pens. He had gotten a box of calligraphy materials from his neighbors a while ago.
I am not actively out to collect different kinds of inks and drawing-pens. I am excited to figure out what I can use it on. This will be a lot of fun. I like

to think that the art lies int he skill and motive of the artist, rather than in the art-supplies. And now that I have gotten some new supplies, I am looking forward to see what kind of new things I can make. 



It´s vacation still, and there are so few people here that the main kitchen is closed for a few week. It is now up to all of us to cook our own dinners. For me, it meant that I have been making pancakes on four days of the week. Fridays on Grimerud, we always get 

to eat rice-porridge for dinner, it´s a traditional Norwegian thing. Very few of the foreigners are looking forward to the "friday-porridge", so I didn´t bother to invite them when I cooked a potful of porridge on friday.


Another week gone and two more drawings. My short summer vacation is over now, and I am back at work. For the rest of the month, I will be doing the graphic design for the new DTS-magazine for YWAM-Norway.
Here´s what the last magazine looked like, and this year we are going to take a bit of a different approach to it.
If you follow me on Twitter, you might be able to get some glimpses of the process before we send it to the press.

Towards the end of the week, I will help out to cook for 100+ teenagers that will be here for the Mission Adventures camp we are going to have here at Grimerud.



I´ve been out bicycling late quite a few times this week,
because I could, because it´s summer-vacation.
And on one of the trips I saw a fox jumping through the fields. 


No comments: