Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Sketchbook pages: Wild Ducks


To the left: One finished drawing in my sketchbook.

Concept art for a folktale story: The Twelve Wild Ducks.
My favourite Norwegian folktale.


Editorial

I´ve never sent so many e-mails in one week. I knew it was going to be crazy, but I didm´t expect it to be so crazy. Now that most of the text is in, I´ve got to get the pictures and graphics for the magazine, this is the "Art Direction" phase.
It´s the almost-final week that I work on the magazine, and there is still a lot to be done. To be able to work more efficiently I installed Evernote on my computer. Evernote helps to keep track of all the things I´ve got to do. I´m still getting used to it, but it´s actually working. And I like it.

The work with Mot Målet is taking a lot of energy, so please pray with me that all the things will go alright. We are quite vulnerable

A new co-worker for Café UNO arrived this week. She´s from the states, and is going to be working with "KreativUNO". She is trained as an arts-teacher, and is going to lead the creative workshops for the youth in the city. We are really happy she was finally able to come, she´s had to wait long to get a visa.


My little nephew had his first birthday this week,
so we skyped together this weekend.

Fresh starts

I´ve joined an online challenge to become a morning-person, it´s over at 99U.
I´ve been getting up at five every morning now, and try to be in bed by ten (instead of two in the night). If you´re on twitter and want to follow along with how me and the others doing, look for the #labrat hashtag. Yes, I´m on twitter too. Here I incidentally post sketches and work that does´t come on my blog. Follow me if you like.

Now that I´m up earlier in the morning, I´m trying to take good time to read the know devotional from Oswald Chambers: My Utmost for His Highest. I can really recommend this for you if you´r a christian.

No comments: