Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Painting five containers

Hey, I want to show you a fun painting-project I did this weekend. These are five waste-containers that I painted for Stoppested Verden – an international festival that is going to be held in Hamar this weekend.
They are going to have a thing about recycling. The hundreds of kids that are going to come to the festival are (supposed) to bring toys and things to recycle. To show the kids what is going to happen with their toys, I´ve been asked to paint pictures of that:


The plastic we throw away gets turned into new plastic things.
 


The electronic things we throw away get turned into new electronic things.
 


Paper that get´s recycled will become new paper, like books, magazines, newspapers and drawing pads.
Recycling paper also keeps the lumberjacks from working in the forest.


General waste will all get burned and the heat will be used for heating houses and the hot water.
 


The wood that we recycle is also going to burn, and used for heating.
 
It was a really fun project to work on, because I have never painted so big before. I was a bit unsure about how much paint I would need, and how long it would take me to do all the five containers. I´m most used to work with pencil, ink and watercolours. But in the end it worked out quite well. Also because I found a pack of really nice paint-markers (see pictures below).



Photo: Erik Wuesthoff
 


Photo: Erik Wuesthoff
 


I´ll be at the festival on both Saturday and Sunday to check the containers and to do graffiti. I hope I can show you some pictures of that in a later post.

Meanwhile, I´m working hard on another issue of Mot Målet, and I´m still making cool and surprising drawings for the 31 Day Drawing Challenge that we are doing with some people here at Grimerud. we have one more week to go.

1 comment: