Saturday, May 14, 2011

Aan het werk op een Meinacht / At work on a May-night

This night I finished almost all of the children´s magazine.
Just some coloring left for the comic, I can do that tomorrow.
So I started to take photo´s of myself while I was finishing up.
Sometimes I work standing for a while.
It is good to change your working position now and then.

For this shot I taped the camera to the lamp that is hanging over my drawing board.

Ik ben erg blij met hoe het komende kinderblad er uit begint te zien. Het is een uitdagend proces om met iets bezig te zijn waarvan je van tevoren niet weet hoe het er precies uit gaat zien. Ik bent tegelijkertijd bezig om de dingen te defineren en uit te voeren. Vaak gebeurt het dan dat ik tijdens de uitvoering mijn definities aan moet passen.
Het is vooral spannend om tijdens het proces te bedenken hoe het blad ontvangen zal worden door de kinderen en de ouders deze zomer.
Vaak heb ik bij mezelf gedacht: "Oh, dit blad zou ik graag willen hebben, wanneer ik het zo gekregen zou hebben."

I am very happy with how the coming children´s magazine is looking right now. Most of it is done. I find it a challenge to be working on something that I don´t know what it´s going to look like. We are both defining and creating this simultaneously. It has often happened that I have changed some of the definitions while I was creating it.
It is especially exciting to think of the children and their parents that are going to get the magazine this summer.
Often I how thought by myself: "Oh, I would really have liked this magazine for myself, if someone else had made it."

No comments: