Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Drawing Diary: 4 and 5 March 2012

4 March: Ties
Sometimes I just don´t know anything significant to write, not even after two days of thinking. Just enjoy the pencil-drawing of my nephew Ties (1). He was visiting his grandparents (my parents) this weekend. And we got to skype a little, despite the birthday guests present.

5 March: King of Olives
I watched the movie "Munich", which is about the terror-attack at the 1972 Olympiad. At work I am working with a book abut the evangelism-outreach that happened at the same time. I have no outspoken knowledge or sentiment on the israeli-palestinian conflict. So I am not going to say anything about it.

I think I must have mangled some significant symbolism of the olive-branch.
My idea with the title and picture was is very deep and reflected. They are two kings on one and the same card, killing each other. And I used olives instead of the usual playing card colors, because there are a lot of olives in the land they are fighting over. That´s all.

No comments: