Monday, April 16, 2012

Drawing Diary: 15 and 16 April


15 April: The forest-hearted king.
Today I was reading my bible (Isaiah 7 and 8), and I saw the poetry in it like never before. I see the bible as "THE BIBLE" on a category on it´s own. A very rationalized category, due to the reformation. Previously I had finished listening to an audiobook  of Frankenstein, which is written by a romanticist. Now I can  appreciate my bible in different ways. You will miss out if you think it is just a positive book.

16 April: Vick and Antonia are back, YAY!
I am happy to see my two Romanian friends again. They have lived here at Grimerud for a couple of years and, I did a children´s work course together with Vicky. Now they are back in Norway for a visit.


The line on scripture I was reading was: … the heart of Ahaz and the heart of his people shook as the trees of the forest shake before the wind. (Isaiah 7:2)

As I was mulling over this, I had to think of this Dutch song by De Poema´s.
The picture of the day is a tribute to (stolen from) one of Daniël Lohues´s record covers. I am not going to explain the witty  word-play.

Wanna listen to the audiobook of Frankenstein too? here you go.

The dancing turtle is my pictorial summary of a conversation.

No comments: